[Ifeffit] sorting files in Athena

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Fri Feb 22 07:21:15 CST 2008

Dariusz,

One other reasonable solution to this problem is to request that your
beamline owner change their file naming scheme to truly name the file
something like "scan_0001rXXX, where the XXX is the scan number and it
is padded with zeros... Such as: scan_0001r001.dat, then all problems
with lexigraphical ordering in Windows and other platforms is solved
because scan_0001r001.dat will then be listed before scan_0001r010.dat
in the file list.  As a result, programs that import lists of files (not
just Athena) will then be able to handle multiple files in the manner
that you expect.

Dave

  David Barton
  The Dow Chemical Company