[Ifeffit] Error bars reported in the curve-fitting analysis in Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 18 08:19:12 CST 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 09:55:24 pm Hiroshi Oji wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Could someone tell me how the uncertainities in the fitted variables are
> estimated in the curve-fitting analysis in Artemis?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hiroshi,

Here is one explanation from the mailing list:
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2002-October/000141.htm

Matt's followup is also very helpful:
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2002-October/000142.html

Pages 6 through 15 of the talk that I gave at the APS XAFS summer school last
August are relevant to the last paragraph from the first link:
http://xafs.org/Workshops/APS2008?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Ravel_Advanced.pdf

Hope that helps,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov