[Ifeffit] Error bars reported in the curve-fitting analysis in Artemis

Hiroshi Oji oji-h at spring8.or.jp
Fri Dec 19 05:26:37 CST 2008

Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for telling me useful references!

I have not fully understood yet because of my lack of knowledge of
statistics, but I could roughly understand how they are estimated in
Artemis.

Best regards,

Hiroshi.

Bruce Ravel wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2008 09:55:24 pm Hiroshi Oji wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Could someone tell me how the uncertainities in the fitted variables are
>> estimated in the curve-fitting analysis in Artemis?
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance for your help.
>
> Hiroshi,
>
> Here is one explanation from the mailing list:
> http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2002-October/000141.htm
>
> Matt's followup is also very helpful:
> http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2002-October/000142.html
>
> Pages 6 through 15 of the talk that I gave at the APS XAFS summer school last
> August are relevant to the last paragraph from the first link:
> http://xafs.org/Workshops/APS2008?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Ravel_Advanced.pdf
>
> Hope that helps,

 陰地 宏
 (財)高輝度光科学研究センター(JASRI)
 産業利用推進室
 〒679-5198兵庫県佐用郡佐用町光都1-1-1
 TEL(PHS): 0791-58-0802-3713
  または 0791-58-0803-3713
 FAX:      0791-58-0830
 E-mail:   oji-h at spring8.or.jp

 Hiroshi Oji, Dr.
   Industrial Application Division
   Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI)
   1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho
   Sayo-gun, Hyogo 679-5198
   JAPAN
   E-mail oji-h at spring8.co.jp