[Ifeffit] Athena can not open any file

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 12 15:54:05 CDT 2008

Gilberto,

Reading your story, I see that I have made a mistake building tarballs
from the files managed by my svn repository.  As you have discovered,
by following my instructions, Ifeffit.pm (a rather important piece of
code -- it is the wrapper that allows perl to talk to ifeffit) never
gets installed.

Yikes!  Getting all this packaging stuff right so that it works on all
the platforms is really hard!  I apologize for the confusion.

I have put the missing piece on my web site.  I'll move this tarball
to the correct location when I have a bit of free time.  Here is the URL:

   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/misc/athena+artemis/Ifeffit-1.3.001.tar.gz

Grab and build this.  Note that some code gets compiled.  Hopefully,
the magic will happen so it gets compiled correctly on your 64bit
machine.

Let me know how it works out.

P.S.  I am very grateful that you are sticking with this and letting
me know about the troubles you are running into.  The code would
really suck a lot more without people like you willing to help us make
things work properly.