[Ifeffit] Brainteaser

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 3 20:30:21 CDT 2008

MessageThe most obvious explanation for why the post-edge scans line up and the pre-edges don't is that the transmission chamber
current amp or V/F is saturated and reads a fixed value below the edge.  As the ring current decays, I0 goes down while
It is fixed below the edge, so ln(I0/It) decreases as observed.  With this explanation, and noting that ln(I0/It)
decreased by about 0.05 in an hour, I infer that the stored-beam lifetime is ~20hr.
    mam