[Ifeffit] Cluster coordinate generator

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Sat May 26 10:09:58 CDT 2007

Hi all:

The first version of the Cluster geometry generator is available on the web:

http://www.yu.edu/scc/index_sub.asp?id=2711
(follow the second link under Software)

The programs from this package will generate cartesian coordinates of regular polyhedra - those which are most popular in
nanocatalysis applications. A few comments on the first version of the package:

1) The output is an ascii file that can be easily converted to JMOL for viewing
2) The first program, cuboctahedron, is actually not working yet - but will be functional in a matter of days
3) We have adds on programs that calculate radial distribution function on these coordinates - for coordination number measurements. Will add soon
4) Other geometries will be available: truncated regular polyhedra, to simulate supported cluster geometry.

It was a project done mostly by my student, Dana Glasner, who is now a Ph.D. student in Computer Science in Columbia.

For all comments, please email to me. Enjoy,

Anatoly Frenkel

(anatoly.frenkel at yu.edu)