[Ifeffit] Using FEFF8 with Artemis

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Fri May 25 16:11:46 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for the various advice and help! Rich Mayes' project works
fine on our machines, which tends to confirm it's the end of line
problem. I'll try Jeremy Kropf's suggestion, and see if that clears
it up somehow.

As far as Googling "end of line conversion," it does indeed give a
bazillion options. Going through the first 20 reveals that they are
often hits from download sites that don't actually have the relevant
downloads, but have figured out how to manipulate Google into listing
them. The relevant downloads I did find were for expensive pieces of
software that had the end of line conversion as one small feature.
When I tried searching a while ago myself, all the simple, free
solutions I found were for archaic operating systems (e.g. Win95). So
if someone happens to know the name of free- or share-ware that can
do this, I'd appreciate it...

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College