[Ifeffit] DWF's for amorphous InP

Claudia Schnohr css109 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 02:57:01 CDT 2007

Hello everyone.

I am a PhD student and I have encountered a problem with analysing the
EXAFS of amorphous InP.

For amorphous InP the first shell around an In atom is comprised of both P
and In atoms. The In leads to a small peak in the R-spectrum that strongly
overlaps with the bigger peak due to scattering from P. If I use two
different Debye-Waller-factors, one for each scatterer, and let them both
float during the fit I get weird values since the coordination numbers for
both peaks have to be floated as well. Therefore, some restraint is needed
for the DWF's.

Is there any correlation between the two DWF's following from theory or
experiment that I could use to restrain my fitting parameters ?
Are there other possibilities to handle such a situation ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Claudia

--
Claudia S. Schnohr
Department of Electronic Materials Engineering