[Ifeffit] problem with running feff while working your ZnO example file

Scott Calvin scalvin at slc.edu
Wed Mar 28 19:07:06 CDT 2007

Hi Soma,

I am cc'ing this to the ifeffit list, as they may have a better
answer than I do.

The ZnO tutorial does currently have some problems having to do with
variable names that became reserved after it was written. Those
problems, though, do not cause the symptom you describe. The output
of your feff run is "strange"--it claims to have an Rmax of 0, for
instance. I'm not sure what could cause that particular problem;
hopefully someone else on the list could help you. To start with,
information on your operating system, version of Artemis, etc. might
be helpful.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College