[Ifeffit] Ifeffit on Windows Vista

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:22:07 CST 2007

Mark,

Thanks a ton -- that is (and will be) very helpful!!    It suggests
that the main executables work and what is failing is the runner
(which does set up the environment, and so might explain why the share
directory is acting weirdly with use_ifeffit.bat), but it's
unfortunately failing exactly where runner executes the selected
program (eg, artemis.exe).  I can't tell from here how serious that
is.

It does seem promising, though, that we'll eventually be able to make
a version of Ifeffit that works on both XP and Vista.