[Ifeffit] Meaning of sigma^2 and real space resolution in XAFS

Moneeb Shatnawi mtshatnawi at pa.msu.edu
Fri Jun 29 23:48:25 CDT 2007

Hello,

Thanks Bruce and Matt for the previous comments©
I have the following questions and I would appreciate comments about them:

 My Questions are:
1- Can we consider sigma^2 of a single scattering path to be a measure
of Debey Waller factor?
2- Is sigma^2 a measure of ¥or directly proportional to¤ strain in a bond?
3- When doing first shell fitting in Artemis, The actual bond length is:
r_eff + dr +- delta ¥dr¤©
Are the error bars associated with dr values ¥delta¥dr¤ of about 0©001
A¤ realistic? ¥i©e© 0©001 A is too small to detect by XAFS¤©
4- What determines the real space resolution in XAFS measurements other
than K_max?

Thanks,
Moneeb

--