[Ifeffit] gifeffit installation issue on ubuntu feisty fawn

Emiliano Fonda emiliano.fonda at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Jun 30 13:30:59 CDT 2007

Hi,
I would like to use gifeffit on the beamline where I work for fast
extraction of EXAFS data during scans and so on. But I have a problem
even before starting to code: horae and ifeffit works well, I compiled
and installed the python wrapper, but gifeffit refuse to work and I
cannot import the Ifeffit module in python.  The error message is:

fonda at nemotele:~$ gifeffit
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gifeffit", line 2, in <module>
    import GIFeffit, sys
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Ifeffit/GIFeffit.py", line 27,
in <module>
    from   Ifeffit import Ifeffit
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.py", line 46,
in <module>
    import _ifeffit, types, cmd, os, sys
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Ifeffit/_ifeffit.so:
undefined symbol: pgclos_

The linux distro is ubuntu feisty fawn and I got the libpgplot5 package
installed...
... may anyone help me, please?
Thanks,
E. Fonda