[Ifeffit] EXAFS Divination Dataset

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Sat Jun 23 06:50:05 CDT 2007

Hi Wayne,

All spectra were recorded on the same beamline on the same run
(X-11B). Each has the same iron foil in the reference channel. The
reference channel isn't great (the samples were on the thick side),
but I'd judge the energy calibration drifted less than an eV over the
course of the run; probably less than half an eV. At any rate, the
reference channel is in the data, so you can look for yourself.

As far as the resolution of the spectra, it's probably dominated by
the usual core-hole broadening at the iron K edge. The mono was
detuned at least 25% on all samples, but as I said, some samples were
on the thick side, so it's possible there's a bit of harmonic
leakage. Looking at the iron powder standard is probably a good way to judge.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College