[Ifeffit] Path updating in Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Dec 31 10:54:10 CST 2007

On Monday 31 December 2007 11:05:33 Silvio Levy wrote:
> > Modify the feff.inp file, run feff, import paths,
> > parametrize them.

> Thanks Bruce.  The problem here is "parametrize them".  This is
> too tedious a process to carry out every time two paths switch places.
> So I've been discarding and rereading only the paths that change numbers;
> still tedious, but doable.

I sympathize and I've been there myself.  I think we agree that
Artemis has many shortcomings.  In fairness, a "fit using feff" GUI is
a very comlicated beast -- Artemis just doesn't do everything right.

I wish I could give an estimate for when new software based on Demeter
will be available, but I cannot.

> Incidentally, I have not been able to use "Export these path
> parameters / to selected paths" - it either does nothing or, worse, it
> exports the parameters to all paths.  (Perhaps I don't understand the
> meaning of "selected" in this context.)

Selected means "highlighted in the paths list", that is, the set of
selected paths is the same as the set that gets plotted.

It's certainly possible that it is misbehaving.  I'll look into it.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov