[Ifeffit] Ifeffit and gfortran (was: iffefit compile on BlueWhite64)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sun Aug 26 20:21:50 CDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Hmm, sorry about that.  And sorry I don't have a system with gfortran
4.2 on it right now.

If you're up for trying stuff, I noticed this point when googling for
combinations of "Mersenne", "gfortran", "fortran90", and "2**31":
     -2**31 appears to be an invalid F90 (or F95?) 4byte integer
constant, but not an invalid value!
It's hard to describe this as anything but weird.    You might try:
        umask = -lmask - 1
or variations on this: basically forcing an evaluation that leads to
-2**31  -- perhaps this??
       umask = -2**30
       umask = 2*umask

Again,  if you're up for it, these are the sorts of things I would try.
Thanks,