[Ifeffit] mailing list downtime

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 20 13:52:51 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Sorry to bother you with non-XAFS related mail, but I wanted to let
you know that the Ifeffit mailing list, web pages (everything on
http://cars9.uchicgo.edu, http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov, and
http://xafs.org) will be unavailable tomorrow (Apr 21), starting
around 6am Central Daylight Time (11am UTC) and lasting for around 12
hours.   This is due to a scheduled complete power outage to the
building housing the server and network equipment.    I assume the
network equipment and server will come back from the power outage just
fine, but will be watching for signs of life.

Mail sent to the mailing list during the down time should queue up
until the server is back up, but I wouldn't want to guarantee that
mail won't get bounced over the weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience,