[Ifeffit] sum path NAN?

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Apr 26 23:44:12 CDT 2007

Hi Mauro:

I wanted to close the loop on this problem.  I have implemented a
temporary solution while I figure out what the right thing to do is.

This solution applise to whomever is using the Debian packages for etch
and sid as well as my unofficial packages for sarge and the ubuntu
varieties.  Note that for Debian lenny you should use the sid repository.

Point your /etc/apt/sources.list to whichever source applies to your
distribution:

deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu sarge main contrib non-free
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu etch main contrib non-free
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu sid main contrib non-free
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu edgy main contrib non-free
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu feisty main contrib non-free

upgrade using whatever tools you choose.  You will get a package that is
names 1.3.0 but has been rolled back to the 1.2.9 version.  This has been
tested to not have the error that you found on etch, sid and sarge.  The
problem was my mistakenly believing that Matt had released version 1.3.0
in September 2006 (my fault, I should have asked!).  I will keep this
naming scheme until the real 1.3.0 (or 1.3.1) releases.

As for the official version in Debian.  i will look into what is the best
thing to do to make the fix.  I don't know when I will figure this out or
when it will appear in etch/proposed-updates.

Again, sorry for the problem.

carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics