[Ifeffit] DWF's for amorphous InP

Claudia Schnohr css109 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 5 00:12:46 CDT 2007

Hey Matt,

thank you very much for your comments.

Indeed, what we hope to determine from our measurements are relative
differences between a number of samples measured in the same way (same
beamline, same run etc) just as you have suggested.

The problem with the amorphous samples is that due to the correlation
between DWF and coordiantion number and due to the overlap of the peaks
(In-In and In-P) different ratios of the two DWFs might still give the
same (or at least a very similar) fit. Therefore, the fitting procedure
might choose one ratio for sample A and another ratio for sample B even
though their spectra look basically the same. That is why we thought to
have some relation between the two DWFs would be handy and it is always
worth a try to ask other people about their experiences :)

At the moment, I try using different (multiple) k-weights and various
k-ranges to see how the system behaves and hopefully I am able to pick a
setting that allows for a good (reliable) fitting of the data even without
assuming a relation between the two DWFs.

Thanks again for your help,

Claudia