[Ifeffit] Artemis error message

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Fri Sep 15 10:43:29 CDT 2006

The program icon for artemis and athena is a short applescript
application (that in turn calls a unix script).  The source code is
in the Ifeffit/applescript folder (the top level artemis is a
compiled applescript applescript).  It goes like this:

display dialog "Please pick an output device" buttons {"X11
graphics", "Aquaterm"} default button "X11 graphics"
set mydevice to the button returned of the result
if mydevice contains "Aquaterm" then
	do shell script "/Applications/Ifeffit/bin/runprog -q -m -x -a artemis"
else
	do shell script "/Applications/Ifeffit/bin/runprog -q -x -a artemis"
end if

As you can see depending on the answer received the script /
Applications/Ifeffit/bin/runprog is invoked (with different
options).  The shell script runprog is a bourne shell script (written
by Matt and hacked by me).  The -m option just sets the environment
variable PGPLOT_DEV to the value /AQT before ifeffit is invoked.  The
option list is:

     -a)  app=$2 ; shift    ;;
     -x)  $open_x           ;;
     -q)  show_out=0        ;;
     -d)  show_dir=1        ;;
     -m)  device='/AQT'     ;;
      *)  files="$files $1" ;;

It should be possible to invoke artemis with an aquaterm graphics
output by using the line "/Applications/Ifeffit/bin/runprog -q -m -x -
a artemis" (without the quotes) in an X11 window.  Does this command
work?  I should add that some of the linking is dynamic (at runtime)
and by installing other dynamic libraries, it is conceivable that
aquaterm could get confused (but of course, I should say that I have
never seen this on my machines and I install a lot of stuff).

		Hope this helps,

					Paul