[Ifeffit] Artemis: sum path NAN NAN NAN NAN

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Oct 5 21:18:04 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 08:49, Mauro Rovezzi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've found a weird behavior in Artemis: during the fit procedure in the
> shell normally appears "sum path # # # #" where # = real number, but
> sometimes the minimization process fall in an infinite loop saying: "sum
> path   NAN  NAN  NAN  NAN". The only solution is to kill Artemis and
> restart.
>
> I've also observed that saving the project and/or removing all files in
> the .horae directory and/or changing the fit model temporary solve the
> problem. Well, it's not a problem to manage this "divergence"...
>
> Mauro
>
> PS: My environment: Artemis 0.8.006 using linux, perl 5.008008, Tk
> 804.027, and Ifeffit 1.3.0

Mauro,

I have never seen anything that fits your description.  Unless you provide me
with enough information to replicate the problem reliably on my own computer,
I am not sure what I can do to help.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/