[Ifeffit] Re: possible bugs in Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sun Jan 15 08:24:19 CST 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 03:22, you wrote:
> When I push any of the 'Document' buttons, I get a blank window, a 'clunk'
> and a bunch of error messages including a 'fileopen' error, suggesting that
> the documentation pages aren't in the right places. Also, what determines
> the k-range over which Artemis fits?  If I ask for a longer k-range than
> what it does by default, nothing seems to happen.

Marcus is the second person to report this problem, which exists in
the current versions of both Athena and Artemis.  The problem exists
in the tool that I use to display the document and falls into the
category of obvious problems that I failed to test for before the last
release.  D'oh!

The next release will fix this issue.  Sadly, I might not have time to
make a release in the next two weeks -- we'll see.  In any case, the
same documentation is available in a number of other places.

On a Windows machine, there should be a Start menu entry labeled
Ifeffit documentation that will lead you to html versions of the
docs.  Also, the html versions can be found at
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/docs.html

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advance Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/