[Ifeffit] Re: I should be able to find this somewhere...

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sun Jan 22 16:58:07 CST 2006

Hi,

In fact, Artemis and Athena both attempt to deal correctly with input
chi(k) data that is not on the expected grid.  Both codes perform a
test to see if the data is on the standard grid and, if not,
front-loads the data with zeros and uses Ifeffit's boxcar rebinning
function to put the data on the expected grid.

Alas, there was a bug in the rebinning macro used by A&A which caused
it to fail in a particular situation met by the data in Matthew's
example.  This bug will be fixed in the next release.

If you import mu(E) data into Athena and then import data from the
Athena project file into Artemis, you will never see the problem that
Matthew reported.