[Ifeffit] CN and bond distances in Artemis

Richard Mayes mayes at ion.chem.utk.edu
Tue Dec 5 09:55:13 CST 2006

Juan,

There are 2 ways to apply the self-absorption correction in Athena.  The
first way is to pick thicknesses starting with a couple microns and
going thicker and thicker until the correction has no effect.  I like
this method because it gives an idea of the effects that thickness and
concentration can have on the fluorescence.  The other way is to simply
use a thickness that will be in the infinite thickness domain to begin
with.  Either way, you get the information needed.

To do the self-absorption correction in Athena go to Data then
self-absorption, pick your algorithm (I suggest reading the Athena
document section to see which you should use), plug in the formula for
the sample and then either plot the information depth or plot data and
correction.

Rich