[Ifeffit] New release (061) of my codes -- Macintosh 10.4 binary installer

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Fri Apr 7 09:49:28 CDT 2006

Hi Stefano,
	I tried reproducing the problem and my copy of artemis (from the 61
installer) works without a hitch.  I tried one of my multiple edge
fit projects as well as the Cu single shell fit and both worked.  I
don't have a /usr/local/libpgplot.dylib on my system as well.  The
problem is thus something different between the machine environments
(as the installer just puts the binary files in their proper
places).  I will look into it.  I have been using Bruces compile
scripts for the compilation of each version of horae and they are a
little crusty (and I don't understand all of their details) so the
problem may be in a dynamic lookup specification.  As a quick check
-- Do you have any DYLDLIB related environment variables set that
might force the system to look in particular places for dynamic
libraries?  I will bounce this off Bruce (as we are both at the APS
here at Argonne) and see if he has a similar problem.  Right now all
I have is my powerbook with me and horae works so to track down the
problem, we are going to have to figure out what is different between
our systems.  The simplest possible difference (I have a /usr/local/
lib/libpgplot.dylib file and you don't) isn't the case.  The pgplot
library in question should be in /Applications/Ifeffit/pgplot/
libpgplot.a.

							Paul