[Ifeffit] New release (061) of my codes -- Macintosh 10.4 binary installer

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Fri Apr 7 02:13:44 CDT 2006

Hi Paul,

>I have updated the binary installer for Mac OS 10.4 to include the
>latest horae (061).  There should hopefully be no problems.  To
>simplify some problems that have occurred in the past, the installer
>now refuses to work if the /usr/X11R6 folder is not present (e.g. if
>X11 is not installed).  If there are any problems, please let me
>know.

I installed the package from ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4_horae61_pkg.dmg. I
get Artemis to exit (crashing) when I run a fit from the examples
folder (copper). Also, if I run the ifeffit command from any unix
shell window I get the following message:

stefano% ifeffit
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpgplot.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/ifeffit
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
stefano%

Any clues? The  ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4_pkg.dmg installer causes the
same identical problem.
Stefano
PS: my OSX is 10.4.6, but also 10.4.5 did not work

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"