[Ifeffit] Runner.exe Network Error

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 28 11:23:41 CDT 2005

Hi Dave,

My intention is definitely to have the runner work without an internet
connection.  I'm sure it's possible to make this work.  But I did not
actually test it with a machine with no internet connection.....

If I understand your report correctly, not having an internet
connection made runner.exe completely fail.   I think I see the
possible problem, and will send (later today, in a separate email) a
new version of runner.exe that might have it fixed (and I'll test it
here on a disconnected machine),  and will write out more messages if
it still doesn't work.

Sorry for the trouble,