[Ifeffit] Runner.exe Network Error

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Wed Sep 28 08:31:26 CDT 2005

Bruce and Matt,

I am running the Ifeffit 1.2.8 on a Win2000 box and I having several issues with the startup of Athena/Artemis when I am not connected to a network.

First thing is that all programs run fine when I am connected to the internet.  So the obvious workaround for me is to just make sure that I have an open network connection before running Athena/Artemis.  However, it would be nice if the auto-update feature in "Runner.exe" would still let me run Athena/Artemis when I wasn't connected to the network, basically just ignore looking for an update when I don't have a network connection.

The errors that I get in the Runner.exe.log are below.  There are two different cases shown.  The first set of errors are when I have a connection to my local network, but have not yet logged onto the firewall that lets me out onto the internet.  The second set of errors comes up when I unplug the network connection completely.  Hope these help.

NETWORK CONNECTION NO INTERNET CONNECTION
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runner.py", line 753, in ?
  File "runner.py", line 184, in __init__
  File "runner.py", line 275, in LookForUpdates
  File "runner.py", line 299, in read_web_version
  File "urllib.pyc", line 76, in urlopen
  File "urllib.pyc", line 181, in open
  File "urllib.pyc", line 306, in open_http
  File "urllib.pyc", line 319, in http_error
  File "urllib.pyc", line 565, in http_error_302
  File "urllib.pyc", line 580, in redirect_internal
  File "urllib.pyc", line 181, in open
  File "urllib.pyc", line 306, in open_http
  File "urllib.pyc", line 319, in http_error
  File "urllib.pyc", line 616, in http_error_401
  File "urllib.pyc", line 624, in retry_http_basic_auth
  File "urllib.pyc", line 650, in get_user_passwd
  File "urllib.pyc", line 658, in prompt_user_passwd

NO NETWORK CONNECTION
  File "runner.py", line 753, in ?
  File "runner.py", line 184, in __init__
  File "runner.py", line 275, in LookForUpdates
  File "runner.py", line 302, in read_web_version

Dave