[Ifeffit] blank chi files still

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:52:03 CST 2005

Dan,

> I'm still having this problem with Athena where I try to save
> data as a chi file and the file is created, but empty.  The
> chi files should be several killobytes large, but mine are 0
> KB.  I've just upgraded to the newest version of Athena 8.037.
> I wonder, is it my data or my operating system?  No one else
> seems to be having these sorts of problems.

You didn't post your data or say what your operating system is.
How do you expect us to answer that question?

As was suggested earlier, one reason for athena to NOT generate
chi(k) is that there is not enough energy range in the mu(E)
data to make a meaningful chi(k).  But that's a guess to answer
a vague question.  It would be much easier to diagnose if you
sent a simple data file or project file that had this behavior.