[Ifeffit] Some questions about ATOMS and FEFF

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Sun Jan 16 17:53:54 CST 2005

Patrick,

Welcome to the mailing list!  This list is an excellent forum for newcomers and veterans alike.

> 2) Running the FEFF6 software directly or through the Artemis
> bundle, I never get any "chi.dat" output file as a weighted sum of the
> individual

This feature is built into Artemis.  After you run the FEFF calculation with Artemis and choose which paths to import, just highlight the paths in the DATA & PATHS window that you would like to sum and then choose  DATA-->SUM OF PATHS-->SELECTED DATA PATHS from the menu.  This will produce the chi(k) sum which can be plotted along with your data set.  A shortcut to this menu item can also be found by right-clicking on the selected paths and choosing DATA-->SUM OF PATHS-->SELECTED DATA PATHS.  I often use this feature to get a rough feeling for the relative contributions of each path in the calculation by plotting the SUM along with all of the individual paths.

Have Fun,
Dave
  David Barton, PhD.
  The Dow Chemical Company
  Catalysis R&D
  1776 Building
  Midland, MI 48674 USA
  Ph: (989) 636-4753    Fax: (989) 638-6225
  Email: dgbarton_remove_me at dow.com