[Ifeffit] newcomer's simple trouble

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed May 12 14:08:10 CDT 2004

Hi Stefano,

> Problem solved! Textedit (the program I used this morning and that
> I thought was like vi, instead...) messes up the file format. Now
> I have a working feff.inp file and can start to work. Sorry for
> bothering.

Huh.  I haven't used Textedit much, but for me it was willing to
save rich text, which definitely fails, or as plain text, which
works OK.  That's not what you see?

Anyway, it seems that feff6 may not be handling Mac line ending as
well as it should.  I'll try to figure this out for the next
release.  Fortunately, many Mac OS X editors are pretty good with
'save as unix file'.

Thanks,