[Ifeffit] newcomer's simple trouble

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Thu May 13 01:47:04 CDT 2004

Hi Matt,

>Huh.  I haven't used Textedit much, but for me it was willing to
>save rich text, which definitely fails, or as plain text, which
>works OK.  That's not what you see?

plain text definitely does not do the job for me. I know how to use
vi-editor, and that is what I do. Textedit leaves characters such as

^M

at the end of each line. These characters are not visible with
Textedit, but become visible when opening the file with vi. Once I
deleted those, the file worked fine.

>Anyway, it seems that feff6 may not be handling Mac line ending as
>well as it should.  I'll try to figure this out for the next
>release.

OK: Thanks!

>  Fortunately, many Mac OS X editors are pretty good with
>'save as unix file'.

well, yes, that is another possibility.
Ciao,
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy