[Ifeffit] problems with updater

Peter Southon psou7817 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 22:27:24 CST 2004

Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem that I'm having
with ifeffit updater (from version 1.2.5). Whenever I run it (after re-setting
the updater.ini date stamp as Matt suggested) it returns the error "cannot
connect to  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/updates//updater.dat" However,
this file can be read using my web browser.
This is using my home WinXP computer using a university dial-up - so there
should be no network differences from my work computer (on which it works
fine). Could proxy settings interfere?

I'd appreciate any suggestions people have...

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Southon
Research Fellow