[Ifeffit] athena: larger data visualisation window size

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Jul 6 08:11:38 CDT 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 09:53 am, biquard xavier wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have been using athena under LinuX with great satisfaction for a long
> time now. Recently, I changed my old portable computer for a brand new one:
> my Xwindow screen size went from 1024x768 to 1920x1250, but all windows
> opened by athena for data visualisation have the same old size of around
> 870x670: I cannot take advantage of my new screen size!
>
> As I compiled athena from scratch (horae-021), I wonder if I should not
> modify athena files set_properties.pl and draw_properties.pl that seems to
> me to be defining window size.
>
> If anyone knows for sure how to do it, please let me know!

Xavier,

Athena currently does not handle low or very high resolution very
well.  Much of the code that determines the sizes of things is
hardwired in.  This is not the first time I have heard this complaint
-- a while back there was a problem with a computer set at 800x600 and
athena failed to use that screen appropriately as well.

On the list of things to do (but not a huge priority at the moment) is
to rework all the geometry management in the code so that font sizes
can be made bigger or smaller and the window will resize
appropriately.

Of course, if you want to poke around at the geometry management, I
would be happy to incorporate any changes you make into the code.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source