[Ifeffit] Trying to get started

SCHLEGEL Michel 177447 schlegel at azurite.cea.fr
Mon Feb 9 02:20:05 CST 2004

Doug, Scott,

> This may be a brand new bug in the Ifeffit 1.2.5 download.
> I am also using XP, and it was working fine under 1.2.4.
> I downloaded 1.2.5, and when I try to import any data
> (even the example files that come with the package) into
> either Artemis or Athena, they crash when they try to display
> on the graphics screen. To be specific, I can see the data
> get read in, but when it gets to the stage of graphing the
> data, the main Artemis or Athena screen vanishes, the program
> icons go away from the task bar, and the graphics screen remains,
> but it is blank.

The very same thing happened to me on a Windows 2000 PC. I tried
to remove and reinstall completely Ifeffit 1.2.5, but it didn't
work. Then I removed Ifeffit 1.2.5 (including erasing the
folders by hand once the 'uninstall' software was run), and
installed Ifeffit 1.2.4: same trouble. And Ifeffit 1.2.2:
bis repetita non placent. Finally, I had to dig out an old
Ifeffit 1.0075 version (sigh...)

Also, these problems appeared after I once ran the Ifeffit
Updater 1.0. I wonder if there is any communication problem
between the updater and the Ifeffit package, or if the new
Ifeffit packages are writing files that can be neither removed
upon uninstall, nor overwritten on re-installation.

Best regards,

Michel Schlegel