[Ifeffit] Athena windows version and graphics problem under xp and Windows 2000

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 22 11:26:52 CST 2004

Hi Paul,

My guess is that environment isn't set up right to find the proper
grwnd.exe.  The first thing I'd do would be to look for other
grwnd.exe in your path.  Ifeffit assumes that the one in
C:\....\Ifeffit will be used.  If there is more than one in your
path (or to make darn sure that one gets used), you may need to
change the PATH in the batch files.

This sounds to me like it is entirely an ifeffit problem, not an
athena problem, so I'd start looking at and running ifeffit.bat
(Ifeffit Shell), and use the command 'testplot' as the test.
This should show a sample plot or spew messages if it's not
working properly.

Start with editing the PATH in ifeffit.bat from

SET PATH=%PATH%;%IFEFFIT_DIR%

SET PATH=%IFEFFIT_DIR%;%PATH%

Also check in the ifeffit.bat file that PGPLOT_DEV is set to /GW.

Hope that helps,