[Ifeffit] Exporting data to Igor

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Dec 8 08:10:58 CST 2004

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for the note.

> - The abscissa-column of exported BFT data (q-space) is wrong when using
> File | Save marked group as data | ... This applies to the magnitude,
> real and imaginary part. Obviously the R-space values are used instead
> of q-space as can be seen from the column header. When using File | Save
> chi(q) no problems occur. (see Data.zip, Athena 0.8.034, Ifeffit 1.2.6a)

This was a silly typo in the source.  It'll be fixed in the next
release.  Thanks.

> - Along with exporting the data I also use Edit | Write a report | CSV
> report (marked groups) to get a printout of all parameter values with
> which the data was processed. I have written a small script for Igor to
> read that data into a text wave from where it can be displayed or used
> in further routines e.g. to automatically be displayed in a graph. If
> anyone is interested I can post that script.

I'd be happy to post it on my contributions page, if you would like.

   http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/contrib.html

> Bruce, if there is time left for it, could you also include the value of
> the check button 'Phase correction' along with the exported data? (BTW:
> The unchecked button displays either 'No' or 'Off' but it seems irrelevant)

I did this for all three kinds of reports.  Again -- next release.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source