[Ifeffit] Log files bug?

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Tue Aug 24 01:10:09 CDT 2004

Hello Bruce,
yes, fortunately there is a way around, but just in case this bug was
not seen before, I thought of reporting it. Thank you!
Ciao!
STefano

>The log viewer in the current Artemis is a very crude hack.  If you
>find that it works -- great!  If not -- sorry!
>
>As a workaround to this problem, I'd recommend putting (or symlinking)
>all your log files into a single directory.  You might consider the
>location which is the default when you save a log file, which is in
>the project work space.
>
>As I mentioned a while back, I have split Artemis into stable and
>development branches.  The log viewer is currently being rewritten and
>will take on a very central role in the future in Artemis.  Since this
>feature is changing so dramatically, I am disinclined to work too hard
>on the log viewer in the stable branch -- particularly if a simple
>enough work-around exists.

>--
>  Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
>  Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
>  Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
>  Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642
>
>  NRL Synchrotron Radiation Consortium (NRL-SRC)
>  Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
>  National Synchrotron Light Source
>  Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973
>
>  My homepage:    http://feff.phys.washington.edu/~ravel
>  EXAFS software: http://feff.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"