[Ifeffit] Log files bug?

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Aug 23 13:09:34 CDT 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 10:41 am, Stefano Ciurli wrote:
> Let's say that I want to have a look at the statistics from three
> fits and compare them using the saved log files. I then click on the
> Edit->View log files and click on New List. I then get a dialogue
> window that I can navigate a select the first log file I want to
> insert in the list using the accept button
> Then, let's say that the second log file is in another directory: I
> click on Add logfiles to list and get again the navigation window
> where I select another log file in another directory. When I then
> click on accept, I receive a burp from Artemis and the following
> message:

The log viewer in the current Artemis is a very crude hack.  If you
find that it works -- great!  If not -- sorry!

As a workaround to this problem, I'd recommend putting (or symlinking)
all your log files into a single directory.  You might consider the
location which is the default when you save a log file, which is in
the project work space.

As I mentioned a while back, I have split Artemis into stable and
development branches.  The log viewer is currently being rewritten and
will take on a very central role in the future in Artemis.  Since this
feature is changing so dramatically, I am disinclined to work too hard
on the log viewer in the stable branch -- particularly if a simple
enough work-around exists.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source