[Ifeffit] ifeffit updater #2

Peter Pfalzer peter.pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Sep 18 03:54:30 CDT 2003

Hi Matt,

thanks for your response!
I've continued playing with the updater in the meantime and tracked the
problem further.
The updater behaves exactly in the way you describe in your mail when it
is run not from within the batch files but by simply doubleclicking the
updater executable. The update is installed properly.
When it is started by the batch scripts, however, the main application
starts up before the updater is finished and the latter stops working.
When I prevent the main program from starting successfully (e.g. by
deleting the ifeffit dll) the updater works fine. Maybe there is a file
access problem once the dll is used by athena, gifeffit, etc. ?

Peter

Peter Pfalzer
Universitaet Augsburg                    Tel: +49-821-598-3215
Lehrstuhl fuer Experimentalphysik II     Fax: +49-821-598-3411
Universitaetsstr. 1
D-86135 Augsburg
Germany                   Peter.Pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de