[Ifeffit] A question

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Nov 6 15:55:57 CST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 04:37 pm, H H wrote:
> I have tried to use artemis to fit some data. I faced
> some problem and I am not sure if I am doing the right
> thing or not.
> Here is the problem, after I perform the fit then I
> can save the data and also the fit in K, R, and Q.
> However, when I do the phase correction using the
> option(path to use for phase correction), it did the
> job, but I did not allow me to save the fit. I am
> using the latest version posted oonline.
> I would appreciate if someone tell me if I am doing
> something wrong or the way to save it.

Hi Hedy,

When I saw your message, I went and tried saving data from Artemis and
I agree -- there are some serious problems.  So, it's not that you are
doing something wrong, it is that I have made a mistake in the code.

I'll look into the problems with saving data and the fit and I'll make
sure that the phase correction variable is respected when saving data
in R or q.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a fix early next week.

Thanks for the bug report.

P.S. Once again, on the topic of how people can contribute to the
     ifeffit project without writing code, volunteering to conceive of
     a battery of tests and then actually running them would be an
     excellent contribution.  Any takers?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source