[Ifeffit] ifeffit 1.2.1

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon May 19 15:48:30 CDT 2003

Hi again,

Well, it was supposed to be the 'stable' release, but a few
large bugs were noticed quickly in ifeffit 1.2.0:
 - Feff6L didn't make it past the pathfinder before dying.
 - some of the output arrays for feffit() with multiple
   k-weights were still messed up.

These turned out to be easy to track down (and the Feff problem was
all mine -- not native to Feff!!!), so I fixed these to make version
1.2.1 (both source and Window exe), which is now available at
 http://cars.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/download.html

and at Sourceforge:
  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80919&release_id=160378

It usually takes a day for Sourceforge's mirrors to get new files.

Since this is supposed to be the 'stable' version, I don't intend to
be making releases every 5 days.  These problems were big and easy
to fix, and I'll be away for a week so thought I should post these
now.  Really, it will calm down.

As others have suggested, I like the idea of being able to update
the individual files (athena.exe, ifeffit.dll, feff6l.exe) to an
already-installed Windows tree.  It should be fairly easy to write a
program that looks at some webpage for a zip file with the changes
since version "1.2.X" and update the needed files.