[Ifeffit] upcoming EXAFS course at NSLS

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon May 12 17:14:02 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

It occurs to me that not everyone who reads this list is or ever has
been a user of NSLS, so you may not be aware of an upcoming event.
This summer, Simon Bare and I are running a course on EXAFS Data
Collection and Analysis at the NSLS.  The course will be July 14-17
and will include lectures, beamline practicals, and lots of time in
front of computers using atoms, feff, ifeffit, athena, and artemis.

The speaker list includes eight 75 minute lectures on a variety of
topics covering most aspects of XAS measurement and EXAFS analysis.
The speaker list is really great this year and includes some familiar
names from our little list, including Matt, Simon, Shelly Kelly, Scott
Calvin, and John Rehr.

Last year's course was lots of fun for everyone involved.

Here is the URL:
  http://nslsweb.nsls.bnl.gov/nsls/org/workshops/exafs/exafs_workshop.htm

We have limited space and received about a factor of two too many
application last year.  Still, it would be great to see some of you
folks this summer at the NSLS!  Or you might pass the URL along to
someone else in your research group who is looking for an intense but
fun introduction to XAFS.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source