[Ifeffit] artemis updated (again!)

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Apr 23 12:17:54 CDT 2003

Hi folks!

Well, it didn't take me very long to find several very serious bugs in
the multiple-data-set version of artemis that I released the other
day.  I was able to fix most of them and have posted new tarballs and
windows executables.

One problem had to do with the first path in a fit sometimes being
neglected by Artemis.  Yikes!  The other problem had to do with sving
and rereading project files multiple data sets.  Both of these and a
few smaller problems are fixed in version 0.6.002.

One problem which remains is in the brand new Project Assistant.
Suppose that you want to fit several scans of the same material
measured at different temparatures.  In that case you would want to
import several data files and then import the same feff calculation(s)
for each data file.  If you attempt to import the same feff
calculation more than once with the Project Assistant, it will not do
the right thing.  Other uses of the Project Assistant, including
single data set fits and multiple data set fits with *different* feff
calculations, *will* work as intended.  Also, if you import your data
and feff calculations outside the Project Assistant (i.e. by using the
appropriate entries in the File menu), then you can set up a
multiple-temperature fit.

So, if you want to do a fit with many data sets and a single feff
calculation which is used repeatedly, you must set it up by hand and
not by using the Project Assistant.  This will be fixed in 0.6.003.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source