[Ifeffit] Athena disappears instantly if a new graph is being presented.

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Oct 15 11:19:31 CDT 2002

Kotoro,

This is a question of broad interest.  I hope you don't mind that I
forward it to the ifeffit mailing list.

 > On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, "Kotaro Sasaki" <ksasaki at bnl.gov> said:

 KS> Dear Bruce, I was an attender at EXAFS workshop at NSLS last
 KS> month; I have just updated the syetem of my computer from WINDOW
 KS> 98 to XP.  Now ATHENA seems to run on this system.

Yay!  Sorry for the hassle.  There are just too many operating systems
and too few of us working on the software!  The situation with 9x/ME
is fragile.

 KS> However I encountered the following problem. When I try to replot
 KS> a new graph after closing a previous graph, the program is
 KS> suddenly shot down.

This is a known problem with PGPLOT on windows.  At this time neither
Matt nor I know any better solution than "don't close the plot
window."  Just get in the habit of NEVER closing the plot window
unless you are done with Athena (Same holds true for Artemis) and
things should work OK.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source