[Ifeffit] notes for figures

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:13:13 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Bruce Ravel wrote:
> Ning,
>
> I trust you will not mind if I respond to the ifeffit mailing list.
> You question is of general interest.
>
>  > On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, "Ning Chen" <Ning.Chen at lightsource.ca> said:
>
>  NC> Hi Bruce: I am wondering if it is possible to add note to the
>  NC> figure inside the "Graphic window"?
>
> Hmmm.... no one has ever asked for that before.  Good question!

I respectfully disagree.  This is a common question for ifeffit,
and how to do this and other manipulations and embellishments to
the plot window are well documented.

A GUI is a fine thing -- and more than one is even better -- but
they are not the whole story.  Maybe it should be made more clear
to new users that artemis (or was it athena -- I couldn't tell??)
is built on top of ifeffit, and that the command line is
available and sometimes even useful?

> Please note that using the plot_text command as I describe
> will trigger the minor bug described by Matt earlier this week
> on this list:

This will be fixed in the next version.