[Ifeffit] Problems running athena/tkatoms

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 27 13:44:50 CST 2002

Hi Norbert,

I can't think of many reasons why SUSE 7 / linux 2.4 would
cause problems.  There have been some other problems with the
Ifeffit perl module getting improperly installed on linux.  I
believe these problems have been due to perl's MakeMaker being
too clever, but I don't know enough about perl to fix them.
It may help to re-install ifeffit, or at least the perl module:
   perl Makefile.PL ; make install

in  ifeffit_1.0b/wrappers/perl/

Otherwise, do ifeffit and gifeffit run?  That is, can we
isolate this as perl+ifeffit problem or an ifeffit problem?
If ifeffit works, does
   perl -e 'use Ifeffit;'

have the same problem as athena?  If this is where the problem
is (I'd guess it is: ifeffit runs, the above perl line fails),
then does the Makefile.PL look reasonable, pointing to libs for
PGPLOT, X, g2c, etc that exist, etc?

--Matt