[Ifeffit] weak scattering from second-nearest neighbors for single atom catalysts

Anatoly Frenkel anatoly.frenkel at stonybrook.edu
Thu Feb 8 13:11:06 CST 2024

Hi Qiang,

There are many papers analyzing Pt SACs on ceria and many of them are able
to provide good evidence of Pt-O-Ce coordination. See for example Fig. 5d
in this paper and the discussion of the model and fit results.

M. Kottwitz, Y. Li, R. M. Palomino, Z. Liu, Q. Wu, G. Wang, J. Huang, J.
Timoshenko, S. D. Senanayake, M. Balasubramanian, D. Lu, R. G. Nuzzo, A. I.
Frenkel
*Local structure and electronic state of atomically dispersed Pt on
nanosized CeO2 support*
ACS Catalysis *9*, 8738-8748 (2019)
<https://you.stonybrook.edu/frenkel/files/2019/08/Pt-SAC-1.pdf>

Regards,
Anatoly
********
On sabbatical leave at PSI, Switzerland.
********
Anatoly I. Frenkel
Professor
Department of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering (primary
appointment)
Department of Chemistry (affiliate appointment)
* Stony Brook University *
Stony Brook, NY 11794
Email:  anatoly.frenkel at stonybrook.edu
<https://mail.bnl.gov/OWA/redir.aspx?C=F6wCGt4adziN6IvpdRQ-rWdgy3Oaoif_x-0ybKTBGBlALcrWeszTCA..&URL=mailto%3ajgchen%40columbia.edu>
http://you.stonybrook.edu/frenkel
Co-Director and Spokesperson, Synchrotron Catalysis Consortium (SCC) at BNL
http://you.stonybrook.edu/scc2

Joint Appointment:
Senior Chemist
Chemistry Division, *Brookhaven National Laboratory*
Upton, NY 11973
Email: frenkel at bnl.gov
https://www.bnl.gov/staff/frenkel