[Ifeffit] Origin of noise in Ag K-Edge

Sebastian Kunze sbstnknze at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:17:02 CDT 2024

Greetings,

I recently did in-situ QEXAFS at Ag K-edge, expecting to see structure loss
starting from crystalline (metallic) state. While we can see that, in
addition we also see an increase in noise(?) in the xanes region (compare
start and end in the attached image). I am confused by this because the
amount of material did not change, so I did not expect a difference in the
signal/noise ratio at the absorption edge. And it is reproducible across
several samples, so not instrument related. Could anyone point me in the
right direction as to what I am missing?

Thank you!

Best,
Sebastian Kunze