[Ifeffit] Difficulty with normalization of XAS spectra

Robert Gordon moyie.institute at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 13:41:39 CDT 2024

No worries...data actually has 0.1 eV steps...a bit finer than I would
use for Fe, but not grossly oversampled.

For comparison between these data sets , you might try just subtracting
the y value of the 1st point (ok..in data file 1st point is NAN)...maybe
average of the first 3 - 5 points...then divide by the value of the last
point (or avg of a few).
This will allow you to compare data sets on reasonable scale and look
for changes.

-R.