[Ifeffit] Imidazole multiple scattering in Artemis

Matthew Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 2 19:36:12 CDT 2024

Hi Chris,

Using the single-scattering and multiple-scattering paths that have the same scattering atoms is not double counting. In general, including all the paths from a Feff calculation is what you ought to do to account for all of the EXAFS.  But many paths will have weak contributions, and so can often be neglected.

It gets more tricky to avoid double-counting if you mix paths from multiple Feff calculations, but it sounds like that is not what you're doing.

Cheers,

--Matt